Monday, September 8, 2008

Apple Crisp

Apple crisp or any crisp is my favorite quick dessert.
In the summer I use fresh blueberries.
Or fresh peaches or both.

When Anna was home I had some peaches and the last few handfuls of blueberries from our garden.
The peaches were not as ripe as I liked and as I peeled them for just eating a plan started.
I layer them in a bowl and threw on 3 tablespoons of triple sec and a tablespoon of sugar.
What the hey- I have maybe two cups blueberries- in they go.
On top of the peaches.
Oh, you want to know how many peaches-
well as many as it takes to fill up the pie plate I was using.
Anyway-
The topping:
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup old fashion oats
1/2 stick butter- you can use more if you like- but I try to use a Little less if I can.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
and cinnamon of course- do you really need me to tell you how much???
As much as you like!
Place this all in a bowl and use your fingers to work the butter into the flour/oats/sugar
throw in 1/2 cups nuts - we used almonds because I had them.
I also like walnuts or pecans.

Throw the whole mess on top of your fruit and bake 350 for about 35-45 minutes.
Serve slightly warm with ice cream.
Go for it after all it's dessert.

In the fall I use apples.

3 comments:

Annapants! said...

Ah-ha! I found your other blog!

cookingwithgas said...

You Got Me! I just added this one for recipes.
Ma

Annapants! said...

I'm glad you have this here; I'm making this tonight for New Years down in Jasper, FL! :)