Monday, October 27, 2008

Smoking meats for Starworks Annual Meeting



We were given work space at Starworks while we are rebuilding our work building since a fire last July.

Starworks is having their annual meeting and the folks at Star are preparing the food.

Mark and I have teamed up to make smoked beef using locally raised beef from our area.
This is step one- the marinade.

I always start with red wine and soy sauce. Then I add in fresh garlic and onions- from there it can be anything you like in the amounts you like.

I added- 1/2 lemon, splash of rice vinegar, chives, ginger, chili powder, cumin, coriander, dry mustard, some hot pepper, oregano, dash salt and ground pepper.

Here is a peak at the meat which will marinate until tomorrow- turning it several times between now and then.
More tomorrow--




2 comments:

Annapants! said...

best marinade ever! *droool*

cookingwithgas said...

I hope it is good- I tried to think of the one I use back in 2000- it's been awhile!
Ma