Thursday, April 30, 2009

Couscous crust for quiche

One day I had left over couscous and did a search to see what you can do to use this up.
What I found was a great recipe for using the couscous instead of a crust for quiche.
I used the leftovers, which was pretty good. But since then I have made the couscous fresh, added in some butter or oil and what ever else you like and made the quiche right on top of the couscous just like you would any favorite recipe.
It is really good. You really don't miss the crust and it cuts the calories a bit from a regular crust.
Quiche to me is what you have on hand.
Mushrooms and onions- sounds good.
Crab and roasted red pepper- sounds good
Spinach, mushrooms and onions even better.
Any combination with good cheese and good eggs will make a great quiche.
Even better the next day so make two!

3 comments:

Julia said...

I love this idea, and since I always have a surplus of eggs at our place this would be a great way to mix up the egg dishes a little so noone gets TOO sick of quiche! I'm going to try this! Julia

cookingwithgas said...

Hey- we too have a lot of eggs! Tonight looks like quiche to me as well!
Hope you and the move are better everyday!

Annapants! said...

That's a really interesting idea! I think I'm going to have to make this!